Thursday 26 July 2012

diy : revamped vintage suitcase



Today's diy is pretty dear to me and my husband because we inherited this darling little suitcase from Caleb's grandpa, who just recently passed away. The floral print was another thing that we picked up from grandpa's apartment, so we have a little bit of grandma's touch in there too. (She passed when Caleb was a little boy.) So I dearly hope you enjoy this diy, because it's a pretty special one that's being passed down the family line of the Hildebrands!



& Here's the inspiration for today's post... straight from one of my most favourite blogs =)


Supplies : vintage suitcase, linens, scissors, pencil, glue stick, mod podge & a palette knife.

 -  I N S T R U C T I O N S  -
1. Spread your print out on the suitcase and outline the edges of the suitcase.
2. Cut along the penciled outline, leaving a couple centimeters of room to tuck into the suitcase seam.
2.5 (shown below the instructions but not crucial to this project...) If you're totally happy with your choice in fabric, take a glue stick and go nuts on the face of your suitcase for additional "support"! I also ironed my fabric before tucking everything in and gluing it down.
3. Using your palette knife (or any other flat edge), tuck in the edges.
4. Lastly, using a small paintbrush, paint on mod podge along the seam to seal it.

Here it is before...
And after! I was so ecstatic that this project worked out so well!



Here's the inside of it... I'm not sure if I want to leave it or try and revamp it as well...I kind of like the mustard yellow...Any suggestions?

And here it is with a couple other things we picked up from grandpa's apartment, including a vintage book that has grandma's writing all over it, a crocheted table cover, and a collection of old vintage matchbooks from all over the Prairies!


I loved how this turned out and I think it'll quickly become a staple prop in my photoshoots :)
Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!

p.s.  clara ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...