Thursday 19 July 2012

s'mores night: part 3: the finale!

So I have this book club.  Every Thursday evening "Ladies Book Club" gets together ready to discuss the book we read that week.

  The funny thing is, it is seldom just ladies anymore, and we rarely actually talk about the book we read.  We have much more important things to do and discuss (and eat), like homemade s'mores.


For the s'mores night Kelsey and I made plain and caramel marshmallows from scratch.  You can find the recipe here.


We also made graham crackers from scratch.  That recipe can be found here.


I didn't want boring chocolate to go along with our fancy s'mores, so I asked everyone from the book club (and those who tagged along) to bring their favourite chocolate bar.  This way there was an assortment of flavours, something for everyone.  You can tell that we are all peanut butter lovers!


I did have some back up marshmallows, just in case we finished all of the homemade ones.  Even though they were store bought, it didn't mean they had to be boring.  I found mint chocolate and chocolate swirl marshmallows!


All of the marshmallows were very pretty to look at!


I also provided my famous Triple Chocolate Cookies.  I made them a bit smaller, so we could make s'mores out of them, however I think people just ended up eating them.


We enjoyed the beautiful flowers, and the owl themed decor in my backyard (all thanks to my dear mother, who works tirelessly to create a beautiful space for us).


Not wanting to be totally unhealthy, I provided a plate of fresh fruit in addition to the baked goods.   The blueberries and raspberries were from our farm, and the strawberries from another local farm.


Everything tasted just as delicious as it appeared!!


We were a little bit nervous while roasting the first marshmallow, not having ever tried it before.  But they browned up and melted just fine, though very very fast!  We had to be careful not to let them fall off our sticks.


We had lots of fun inventing new combinations of s'mores!


Peanut Butter Cups were perfect for the round crackers.


And a caramel flavoured marshmallow with Caramilk was very delicious.


Though making the marshmallows and graham crackers from scratch was a lot of work, it was totally worth it!  My friends were extremely impressed, and I believe the words "What? I didn't know you could MAKE marshmallows!!" were uttered.

This was so much fun, and I can't wait to have another homemade s'mores party!

ps: jordyn and kelsey ♥

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a deliciously whimsical s'mores night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls... I think I want to be in your club...

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...