Sunday 15 July 2012

weekly wrap-up: food frenzy

I really love food.

I love cooking food, I love eating food, and I love taking pictures of food! (or at least attempting to take pictures of food before Kelsey takes pity on me and helps me out.)

I have always had a love for food, and I have always known that I love food, but this week while taking pictures for weekly wrap up, I found myself only inspired to take pictures of food.  I guess it helped me realize how large of a role food has in my life.

Food is a necessary part of life, and while we technically could survive on bread and water, one of the pleasures of life is the assortment of food available.  We can roast, bake, boil, fry, saute, stew and blend all sorts of different things together.  There are so many ways to create tasty and nutritious meals, that are pleasing to the taste buds and the eyes!


Last Sunday night our parents went out to dinner with friends, which meant Kelsey and I were left to fend for ourselves.  Don't get me wrong, we are totally capable of cooking our own meals, but we both had no clue what we wanted.  Suddenly remembering the delicious Thai food we had a couple weeks ago with our aunt, we were inspired to try and replicate the dish!

We made a tasty vegan thai dish with quinoa, roasted veggies, and chickpeas covered with a lime coconut curry sauce, and topped off with fresh basil and chopped peanuts.

{It didn't end up tasting very much like what we had eaten at the thai place, but it was scrumptious none the less.}


I generally have boring breakfasts: steel cut oats with sunflower butter, toast with peanut butter and a banana, etc.  But every once in a while I will get a craving for something fancy, and on Tuesday we had these lovely local fresh strawberries, and I was tempted to make something special.

Deciding that it would be worth indulging in, I made a delicious piece of french toast out of whole grain bread, cut up strawberries and bananas, and sprinkled a little bit of powdered sugar over everything.  It tasted even better than it looked, and paired with a cup of coffee, was the perfect start to my Tuesday.


The highlight of my week was an amazing s'mores' night I had with my book club!  We were having so much fun, that we may have forgotten to actually talk about the book.  Throughout the night more friends showed up, and with good food and a crackling fire, we all had a blast!

(Keep an eye out for more posts about the s'mores' night!)


(Michelle, Niki, Jen, and Me!)

These are the lovely ladies I met at university this year.  We were all part of our school's English Student Association.  After school ended and Niki and Jen graduated, we decided that we needed an excuse to keep seeing each other regularly.  As English Majors, we decided a book club would be fun, so we started "Ladies' Book Club" which usually is no longer just a book club, or just for ladies.  We have so much fun at our weekly meetings that others have started to join us!  I have been so blessed with this dynamic and fun loving group of friends who are always ready to have a good time.

I'm sorry (but not really) if I have left you salivating all over your keyboard, or extremely hungry for some thai food or perhaps for some french toast.  Hopefully this will inspire you to make some delicious food of your own this week! 

 Let me know if you ate something special this week!

ps: jordyn ♥

1 comment:

  1. I love the smores night! What a great idea :)

    Elise
    http://impossiblyelise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave us some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...